cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From John Pletka <jple...@abraxis.com>
Subject Secondary Storage VM used public NIC for both public and private IP
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 21:01:27 GMT
I have a 3-node xenserver configuration, with the management system sitting
on a 4th node and a SAN on the private network.  Each of the host nodes
have two NICs (one public, one private).  I missed the setup step where you
label the NICs as "cloud-public" and "cloud-private", and when the cluster
was built, it used the same NIC for both the public and private IP address
on the Secondary Storage VM (it chose the public one).  The end-result is
the secondary storage can reach the internet, but can't reach the SAN.

So on XENSERVER:
eth0 => name-label ( RW): cloud-public
eth1 => name-label ( RW): cloud-private

Secondary Storage Server:
eth1 => 10.1.40.191 // should be on XENSERVER.eth1, but is attached to eth0
eth2 => xx.xx.90.113 // this is correctly attached to XENSERVER.eth0

Questions:
1) Besides going back and running "xe network-param-set
name-label=cloud-public uuid=" on all the xenservers, what else do I need
to do on the management side to get it to recognize the change?
2) How do I change the NIC on the Secondary Storage VM to point to the
correct HOST NIC?

Thanks