cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjay Tripathi <sanjay.tripa...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Am I missing something? XenServer 6.2 SP1 & CloudStack 4.3
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 04:43:35 GMT
Geoff,

You can use XS6.2 with SP1 and XS62ESP1004 hotfix but CloudStack 4.3 will use XenServer620
resource file to connect to this host and won't be able to leverage new features/guestOS supported
in SP1 and XS62ESP1004 like vGPU feature addition in XS620SP1 and new guest OS support like
"Windows server 2012 R2".

--Sanjay

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Higginbottom [mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 12:41 PM
To: <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Am I missing something? XenServer 6.2 SP1 & CloudStack 4.3

My experience is that CloudStack 4.3 does support XenServer 6.2 with SP1 and XS62ESP1004 applied.

This Citrix article confirms this http://support.citrix.com/cms/kc/cloud-troubleshooting/cloudplatform-compatibility-matrix/
as does the CloudStack Hypervisor capability view under Global Settings.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<htp://www.shapeblue.com/>
| Twitter:@cloudstackguru<https://twitter.com/#!/cloudstackguru>

ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS<x-apple-data-detectors://5>

On 13 May 2014, at 06:50, "Sanjay Tripathi" <sanjay.tripathi@citrix.com<mailto:sanjay.tripathi@citrix.com>>