cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ove Ewerlid <Ove.Ewer...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: cloudstack_api_key and cloudstack_api_secret
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 23:39:51 GMT
On 05/24/2014 01:17 AM, rammohan ganapavarapu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use vagrant to automate my cloudstack virtual infrastructure
> but i dont know how to get cloudstack_api_key and secret, can some one
> please let me know how to get those?
>
> Thanks,
> Ram

A possible way to approach this;

  1) install ACS to the point of a working management head (e.g., you
can login using webgui.)

  2) use API call authenticated with login/password and the default
admin credentials setup at first install to generate keys and get them

  3) continue using API calls using key based authentication

CloudMonkey in recent releases was enhanced to support login/password
based auth.  The Marving test framework in recent ACS versions uses an
API backend that support login/password based auth.

There is also the integration port with non authenticated API calls.
This is not enabled by default. A variant is to install MGR-head, stop
it, modify DB to allow integration port access*, start MGR-head and work
with the integration port for further non authenticated configuration to
get authenticated API access going.

/Ove

* set the global parameter governing which port the integration port is
on to non NULL.

--
Ove Everlid
System Administrator / Architect / SDN- & Automation- & Linux-hacker