cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Re: CEPH image snapshoting
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 20:12:48 GMT
you are probably looking for volumes table. like:

update volumes set <column name>='RAW' where <column name>='OVM';

i forgot what is the name of the column. probably type or format or something similar.

by the way, this bug seems to be intermittent as I do not have it on my acs 4.2.1 install.
I've not had it with 4.1 brunch either, however, a friend of mine had this issue from a clean
install.

Andrei
----- Original Message -----

From: "Andrija Panic" <andrija.panic@gmail.com>
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: "Wido den Hollander" <wido@widodh.nl>
Sent: Friday, 16 May, 2014 3:24:15 PM
Subject: Re: CEPH image snapshoting

We found it,,, it's bug where VM hypervisor is reported as OVM instead of
KVM, when volumes are on CEPH - they say fixed in 4.4... which is notout
yet...and I'm wondering if it possible to hack the database or update some
JAR file or similar - we are using CS 4.2.1, and waiting for 4.4 is not an
option for us, to go LIVE with CEPH storage...

Would a cron job do a job ? somethig like: update thing set
something-KVM, where something=OVM ?

Thanks.
Andrija

On 15 May 2014 13:06, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> cc Wido
>
> On May 14, 2014, at 11:53 PM, Andrija Panic <andrija.panic@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > anybody ?
> >

> > On 13 May 2014 15:46, Andrija Panic <andrija.panic@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I was wondering if you are familiar with a problem, of missing snapshot
> >> buttons (both manual and
> >> scheduled snapshot buttons, for volumes) on the Cloudstack, if the
> Volume
> >> you want to snapshot is on the CEPH Primary Storage...
> >>
> >> There is only Move volume, Download volume, and Create template
> buttons...
> >> This is CS 4.2.1 and CentOS 6.5, CEPH 0.72.2...
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Andrija Panić
> >> --------------------------------------