cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Fred Newtz <fbne...@gmail.com>
Subject Public IP Addressing in a Advanced Zone behind a Firewall
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 18:59:45 GMT
Public IP addresses confuse me the most in a Cloudstack install.  I have a
Firewall that is hosting all of my public IP addresses now.  The management
server is supposed to sit behind a NAT device to protect it from attack.
How am I supposed to assign public IP addresses to virtual machines
(virtual routers) inside of the NAT device? I have not seen any clear
documentation on how this is supposed to be configured to make everything
work correctly.  Where do I assign my IP addresses and how do I get them
through the firewall correctly?

I just purchased a Juniper SRX100 device (will be a small deployment).
Will installing this help manage the Public IP situation easier (and even
automatic)?  If anyone has any suggestions on what I should search for to
solve this issue that would be great.  Explaining would be even better.

Thanks,

Fred