cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rafael Weingartner <rafaelweingart...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom realHost app
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 16:59:20 GMT
Hi folks,
I am trying to create my own "realHost" DNS server.

I followed the instructions from here:
http://www.nux.ro/archive/2014/03/Run_your_own_realhostip.html

thanks NUX ;)

The app is up and running, however, I am struggling to make it work with my
DNS server that is ran by the VR.
How could I add it to be a nameserver to DNSMASQ in the VR, in toder to
answer the queries X-X-X-X.realhost.internal?
I mean, the DNSMASQ will forward any request that it receives to the first
nameserver, I could make my "realHost" as the first one, but it just solves
the internal names.
Is there any way to force DNSMASQ to try to solve the name with the
following nameserver from its config when the name is not found on the
nameserver that it tried first?

--
Rafael Weingärtner