cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ian Duffy <...@ianduffy.ie>
Subject Re: AD LDAP authentication failing post CS 4.2.1 to CS 4.3 upgrade
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 10:53:46 GMT
CCing Rajani on this to see if she has any ideas.....

If you haven't done so already can you try remove/re-add the LDAP
server via the UI.

> Are there any logs in cloudstack that records the ldap activity?

On failed adding of a LDAP server you will get a message back saying
so and the server will not add.

On authentication failure of an ldap user it will appear in the cloudstack logs.

On 4 April 2014 11:47, Antonio Packery <Antonio.Packery@t-systems.co.za> wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> Change ldap.user.object to user but still no change.
>
> Busy sniffing the ldap server connection for any errors.
>
> Are there any logs in cloudstack that records the ldap activity?
>
> Regards
> Antonio
>
> On 04/04/2014 12:14 PM, Ian Duffy wrote:
>
> Interesting, they look OK.
>
> Can you change ldap.user.object to have the value user then restart
> the management server and check if things are back working as
> expected.
>
> Thanks,
> Ian
>

> On 4 April 2014 11:11, Antonio Packery <Antonio.Packery@t-systems.co.za><mailto:Antonio.Packery@t-systems.co.za>
wrote:
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> Here they are, ldap server via port 389 is being used.
>>
>> ldap.basedn    The search base defines the starting point for the search in the directory
tree Example: dc=cloud,dc=com.    dc=....dc=....,dc=...
>> ldap.bind.principal    Specify the distinguished name of a user with the search permission
on the directory    CN=...,OU=...,DC=....,DC=.....,DC=.....
>> ldap.email.attribute    Sets the email attribute used within LDAP    mail
>> ldap.firstname.attribute    Sets the firstname attribute used within LDAP    givenname
>> ldap.group.object    Sets the object type of groups within LDAP    groupOfUniqueNames
>> ldap.group.user.uniquemember    Sets the attribute for uniquemembers within a group
   uniquemember
>> ldap.lastname.attribute    Sets the lastname attribute used within LDAP    sn
>> ldap.search.group.principle    Sets the principle of the group that users must be
a member of
>> ldap.truststore    Enter the path to trusted keystore
>> ldap.truststore.password    Enter the password for trusted keystore
>> ldap.user.object = inetOrgPerson
>> ldap.username.attribute = sAMAccountName
>>
>> Regards
>> Antonio
>>
>> On 04/04/2014 11:47 AM, Ian Duffy wrote:
>>
>> Hi Antonio,
>>
>> Can you confirm the values for the settings in global settings
>> starting with "ldap."
>>
>> Since you mentioned AD I'm specifically interested in
>> ldap.username.attribute and ldap.user.object
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ian
>>
>> On 4 April 2014 10:36, Antonio Packery <Antonio.Packery@t-systems.co.za><mailto:Antonio.Packery@t-systems.co.za><mailto:Antonio.Packery@t-systems.co.za>
wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Since upgrading to CS 4.3 my AD LDAP authentication no longer works.  All my
previous do seem to have been retained but i am not able to import any LDAP users.

>>> Are there any log/configuration files i can check for errors?
>>>
>>> Also, any guidance on the correct syntac, ldap attributes to be using for AD
would help.

>>> Regards
>>> Antonio
>>>

>>> Disclaimer: This message and/or attachment(s) may contain privileged, confidential
and/or personal information. If you are not the intended recipient you may not disclose or
distribute any of the information contained within this message. In such case you must destroy
this message and inform the sender of the error. T-Systems does not accept liability for any
errors, omissions, information and viruses contained in the transmission of this message.
Any opinions, conclusions and other information contained within this message not related
to T-Systems' official business is deemed to be that of the individual only and is not endorsed
by T-Systems.