cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rajesh Battala <rajesh.batt...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: change of public IP for ssvm and console proxy
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:50:06 GMT
In one of the network acquire all the old public ip ranges or in db user_ip_address table mark
those ip's state as allocated

And for the public ip ranges which are assigned to ssvm/cpvm. Disable the zone. Destroy the
systemvm's. then in the db mark those ip's as allocated or remove those rows from db.
Then enable the zone. Now for ssvm/cpvm will get ip's from new public range which are in free
state.

For the old ip's if they are acquired, release them and delete them from db.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrei Mikhailovsky [mailto:andrei@arhont.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 4:42 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: change of public IP for ssvm and console proxy

Hello guys,

I am planning to decommission one of our public IP ranges. As a part of this process I've
migrated majority of networks to the new IP range. However, I am having difficulties with
changing IPs for the SSVM and Console Proxy servers. How do I change them to the new range.
I've tried manually swapping IPs in the data base, but every time after a reboot or recreation
of ssvm and console proxy they get the IPs from the old range.

From what I understand, I can't delete the old IP range until all networks have been migrated
and all IPs in the old range are Free. So, how do I force ssvm and console proxy to get the
ip from the new range instead of the old one?

Many thanks

Andrei