cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Midgett <cst...@trickhosting.biz>
Subject +-
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 21:20:35 GMT
The problem is i dont see my physical network (cloud-public) i only see
one of my guest nic's. How do i get it to show? Is this a problem with
my network offerings?

On 04/28/2014 05:35 AM, Geoff Higginbottom wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> What you want to achieve is very possible, it's just the terms used can be a little confusing.
>
> I believe you want to create a new network which will assign 'public' IPs directly to
Guest VMs.  In CloudStack, the 'Public' network is only used by System VMs and Virtual Routers
so you have to create a new Guest Network which used a new Public IP Address Range and allow
Guest VMs to use it via a Shared Network.

> What you need to do is create a new 'shared' network, which will in fact be a 'guest'
network, but the Virtual Router will only provide DHCP, DNS, and UserData services, and will
not act as an actual Router.  Routing will be provided by a physical Router/L3 Switch.

> 1.  Allocate a new IP range and VLAN ID on your network infrastructure which will pass
Internet Live 'public' IPs down to the HyperVisors is a similar way the CloudStack Public
Traffic is handled.
> 2.  Identify which CloudStack Physical Network this VLAN is mapped to, this will be needed
in step 5
> 3.  When creating the new Network, set the scope to either 'All' (every user in the Zone)
or a speciic Account or Domain (I'm guessing you want to use the All option)
> 4.  Ensure you have chosen the Network Offering of 'Offering for Shared Networks'
> 5.  Ensure you chose the 'Physical Network' which your new IP range is mapped to
> 6.  Enter the VLAN ID used in step 1
> 7.  Enter the appropriate IP information in the Network Offering, note the IPv4 Gateway
will be the IP of the Physical Router/L3 Switch which is terminating the new Public IP Range

> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom

> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

I don't need a guest network on this first /28

> Can someone tell me the required steps? I've tried and had no luck.
> Maybe I'm making this too hard and it should be easy.
>
> I click on Network > Add Guest network
>
> I understand all the options there but the main problem is that on physical interfaces
is only lists one of my guest nic's and not my public one. What do need to setup so I can
select the public nic and then continue with the rest of the fields as needed.