cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Hung Nguyen The <hung...@saobacdau.vn>
Subject RE: Frequent NFS not responding, timed out issue
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2014 09:36:47 GMT
Hi Shanker,

Thanks for your comment. I am trying to figure out why the network latency is high.

It is good to know if the issue with 10Gbps is no longer the case.

I am not sure whether there is a problem with the physical switch (IBM Flex switch) or something
has to do with the driver of network card.

I attached with the NIC info and driver version. I don’t know if this is the latest version
or not.

With thanks,

Nguyễn Thế Hùng

-----Original Message-----
From: Shanker Balan [mailto:shanker.balan@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2014 12:27 PM
To: CloudStack-Users
Subject: Re: Frequent NFS not responding, timed out issue

Hi Hung,

Comments inline.

On 25-Apr-2014, at 2:14 am, Hùng Nguyễn Thế <thehung.nguyen@live.com<mailto:thehung.nguyen@live.com>>
wrote:

> Hi all,

> We experience an intermittent NFS connection from our Xenserver 6.2 Sp1 latest patch.

> /var/log/kern.log shows the exact messages as in the known issues from Xenserver 6.0
Release Notes [1]:

> "kernel: nfs: server 10.0.0.1 not responding, timed out"

> Our enviroment is indeed 10Gbps, storage is IBM Storwize v7000.

> Hope someone can give us some hints on this matter.

Would you have any monitoring running of the network itself? SNMP information collected from
the switches and the physical network interfaces of the various devices on the network would
be helpful to narrow down the issue.

Most likely there is saturation somewhere.

> Buying Citrix support subscription is on the way.

> Some addtional information:

> nfsstat -m:

> rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,namlen=255,acregmin=0,

> acregmax=0,acdirmin=0,acdirmax=0,soft,proto=tcp,port=65535,timeo=133,r

> etrans=0, sec=sys,mountport=65535,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.x.x

> I have captured tcpdump and seen some symtomps like TCP retransmission, tcp acked unseen
segment.

> Network seems okay, the only unusual thing is the latency from xenserver to the storage
is fluctuating, from 1ms to several XX ms.

Try to get access to the network level metrics to debug further.

Regards.

--

@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867 shanker.balan@shapeblue.com<mailto:shanker.balan@shapeblue.com>
| www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com> | Twitter:@shapeblue ShapeBlue Services
India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

28th-29th May 2014, Bangalore. Classromm<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

15th-20th September 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

22nd-27th September 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

1st-6th December 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>