cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Re: change of public IP for ssvm and console proxy
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 09:39:33 GMT

Raj,

thanks for the tips. I will try that.

One does have to be very creative when certain functionalities have not been thought through
during the design phase. Surely changing IP ranges is not that unheard of ))). I guess not
that many people requested this feature.

Cheers

Andrei

----- Original Message -----

From: "Rajesh Battala" <rajesh.battala@citrix.com>
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, 24 April, 2014 4:50:06 PM
Subject: RE: change of public IP for ssvm and console proxy

In one of the network acquire all the old public ip ranges or in db user_ip_address table
mark those ip's state as allocated

And for the public ip ranges which are assigned to ssvm/cpvm. Disable the zone. Destroy the
systemvm's. then in the db mark those ip's as allocated or remove those rows from db.
Then enable the zone. Now for ssvm/cpvm will get ip's from new public range which are in free
state.

For the old ip's if they are acquired, release them and delete them from db.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala