cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Ubuntu instances + cloud-init
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:33:24 GMT
Rafael,

Mail system strips scripts, could you include the code in the body of the mail instead?

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540>
| M: +447968161581<tel:+447968161581>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com>

From: Rafael Weingartner [mailto:rafaelweingartner@gmail.com]
Sent: 16 April 2014 12:55
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ubuntu instances + cloud-init

Sure ;)
On my Ubuntu 12.04 templates I use two scripts.
One to change the root password, and the other to change the host name according to the one
that was defined on CS.
one is in "/etc/init.d/", and it is called cloud-set-guest-password. (The script is attached).

and the second one is in "tc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/", so it is called right after the
DHCP finishes its job. And its name is setHostName. (Also attached)