cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject RE: Suitable solution for HW
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 11:42:32 GMT
On 03.03.2014 11:22, Pääkkönen Pekka wrote:
> Hi Daan,
>
> Maybe I should have been clearer.
> I was wondering about the implications for performance.
> Would performance in a database clustering use case be better with
> plain Xen (or other virtualization solution), when compared to
> CloudStack with Xen?
> Or is this an unnecessary concern?
>
> Also, is CloudStack aimed for clusters consisting of tens/hundreds of
> such rack servers, or is it suitable also for smaller deployments?

Cloudstack can grow from 1 to many servers.
Re hypervisor, if you want to run databases then IO will be your main
concern. At some point the hypervisor will not matter, your disks will
matter. I'd look at investing in SSDs.
You can also look at conainer technology such as openvz and LXC which
usually have better IO (since they access the hardware directly).

Nux!
www.nux.ro