cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack DR Approach (not HA)
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 20:56:49 GMT
ShapeBlue are currently working on a solution for Zone Failover of VMs, I cannot confirm which
version it will be included in, but 4.5 is a possibility.

With regards to the replication of volume snapshots, that is effectively available today using
the S3 backed secondary storage feature.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristoffer Sheather @ CloudCentral [mailto:kristoffer.sheather@cloudcentral.com.au]
Sent: 24 March 2014 20:53
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: re: CloudStack DR Approach (not HA)

Hi Jim,

 Very good questions and I am keen to see the answers as well.  CloudStack definitely needs
to support this scenario (I don't believe it currently does).  Cross zone replication of snapshots
with the ability to bring up VM's from those snapshots is something I'd like to see too.

 Regards,

Kristoffer Sheather
Cloud Central
Scale Your Data Center In The Cloud
Phone: 1300 144 007 | Mobile: +61 414 573 130 | Email:
kris@cloudcentral.com.au
LinkedIn:   | Skype: kristoffer.sheather | Twitter:
http://twitter.com/kristofferjon