cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Regarding using AWS S3 as secondary storage in CS
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 10:10:07 GMT
Hi,

To use s3 storage as the secondary storage you need to create a an nfs staging area  - a cache
if you like.

The cloudmonkey command would be:

create secondarystagingstore provider=NFS zoneid=<$ZONEID> url=nfs://<$STAGING_SRV>/<$STAGING_NFS_PATH>

you can then add S3 as the secondary storage:

add imagestore name=<$S3_STOR_NAME> provider=S3 accesskey=<$S3_ACC_KEY> secretkey=<$S3_SEC_KEY>
bucket=<$S3_BUCKET> usehttps=true endpoint=<$S3_ENDPOINT>

I wasn't that familiar with S3 (or AWS user configuration) to start with, so I stumbled around
for a bit before I got to grips with it.

The endpoint is mostly likely to be s3.amazonaws.com
Even though you may request that the bucket be created in a particular region (I choose the
EU).
The user associated with the access and secret keys you provide need to have permission to
read/write to the bucket you've created.

Regards,

Paul Angus
Cloud Architect
S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784 | T: @CloudyAngus