cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject RE: CloudStack DR Approach (not HA)
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:13:14 GMT
On 26.03.2014 14:34, Geoff Higginbottom wrote:

> Until we reach the utopia of all workloads being cloud-era workloads,
> the Zone HA feature is still very high on people's wish list.

This feature can be on their list all they want, it's _extremely_
unlikely it will happen any time soon. Imagine the amount of efort
required to replicate tons of storage and the omnipresent danger of
split-brains... this has DISASTER written all over it, not RECOVERY. :-)

The application needs to be cloud-aware as you say, in most cases this
is actually doable; though of course, some people are stuck with old
technology - they can just live with the risk or adapt to a cloud
environment.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro