cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: ALARM - ACS reboots host servers!!!
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 13:12:01 GMT
On 04.03.2014 12:55, Andrei Mikhailovsky wrote:

> Regarding having nfs and ceph storage in different clusters - sounds
> like a good idea for majority of cases, however, my setup will not
> allow me to do that just yet. I am using ceph for my root and data
> volumes and NFS for backup volumes.

Having tiered storage is one of the stronger features that have drawn
me towards Cloudstack, it should work better.
I do plan to have a second, slower tier for backups and other more
passive applications.

> I do currently need the backup
> volumes as snapshotting with KVM is somewhat broken / not fully
> working in 4.2.1. It has been improved from version 4.2.0 as it was
> completely broken. I am waiting for 4.3.0 where, hopefully, I would be
> able to keep snapshots on the primary storage (currently this feature
> is broken) which will make the snapshots with KVM usable.

KVM volume snapshots worked well in 4.2.1 AFAIK and they still work
well in 4.3, but VM snapshots are still not supported and I don't think
they will be any time soon. We might get somewhere with it if we opt for
LVM thin storage and snapshots, that'd be cool.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro