cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From anil lakineni <anilkumar459.lakin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in terminal:No package cloud-client availble
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2014 18:18:45 GMT
ok its fine..coming to #hostname lookup failure,

1) once check at DNS information(#vi /etc/resolv.conf)..the details in DNS
are OK or NOT...??
(here
# Generated by NetworkManager
domain localdomain
search localdomain
nameserver 192.168.190.2--> which is gate way of your virtual machine
)
check gateway by #route
2) check whether it pinging to your hostname(#ping localhost)
3) if not pinging. once check that whether your network cable plugged in or
not..??

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Ekta Agrawal <ektacloudstack@gmail.com>wrote:

> Now these two errors are gone. I put gpgcheck to 0 and I was able to
> install cloud client.
>
> But right now a new error start coming, that is:
>
> when I run hostname --fqdn it gives:
>
> hostname: Host name lookup failure
>
> when I give command just hostname it gives me my hostname
>
> *This is the content of my hosts file*
>
> 127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
> localhost4.localdomain4
> ::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6
> localhost6.localdomain6
>

> On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Ekta Agrawal <ektacloudstack@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry for bothering again but I am not sure if my cloud-client is
> > installed.....
> > 1) It is not giving the above error but after downloading the
> > packages...it gives:
> >
> > "*Package cloud-setup-4.0.2-1.el6.x86_**64.rpm is not signed*"
> >
> > What to do about this?
> >

> > 2) I installed MySQL and then tried to run the following command:
> >
> > cloud-setup-databases cloud:<dbpassword>@localhost \
> >  --deploy-as=root:<password>
> >
> > This error came up:
> > "bash:cloud-setup-databases :command not found"
> >
> > Please Help!!!
> >
> > I am following
> >

> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/pdf/Installation_Guide/Apache_CloudStack-4.0.0-incubating-Installation_Guide-en-US.pdf
> >
> > for installation of cloudstack.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Ekta
> >

> > On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Ekta Agrawal <ektacloudstack@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> The problem is solved. I followed your instructions. I installed cloud
> >> client on 64 bit centos.
> >> One more thing that was causing the problem was something wrong was
> typed
> >> in server.url  in cloudstack.repo
> >>
> >> Thanks a lot for the help!
> >>
> >> Regards,