cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Kaufman <mkfmn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack DR Approach (not HA)
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 00:10:21 GMT
What about using iRODS (http://www.irods.org); with a custom
Micro-Service.  Conceptually; what does everyone think?

Is there a mechanism available for end-users to create quiesced CloudStack
snapshots of running production VMs, such that applications and filesystems
are put into a consistent state prior to the snapshot being created?

Also, can anybody offer insight into how to automatically or continuously
replicate Secondary Storage across Zones or Regions, using NFS-based
Secondary Storage (not object storage), such that CloudStack users will see
any be able to deploy their Snapshots in any other Zone or Region?

If what I am describing is not yet possible with CloudStack, I would be
like to be pointed towards the part of the CloudStack roadmap that
discusses the planned architecture.