cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Deepak Sihag <Deepak_Si...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: How to stop cloudstack DHCP server to allocate IP to another physical machines in network
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2014 13:39:06 GMT
Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Deepak Sihag

-----Original Message-----
From: Thehyperadvisor [mailto:thehyperadvisor@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2014 6:32 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to stop cloudstack DHCP server to allocate IP to another physical machines
in network

I'm not sure if it's possible in your case but the easiest would be to separate the cloudstack
and physical servers on different vlans or broadcast domain.

Sent from mobile device.

> On Mar 15, 2014, at 4:26 AM, Deepak Sihag <Deepak_Sihag@infosys.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> In my network I have one physical (external to cloudstack) DHCP server and in the same
network I have configured the CloudStack. As all CloudStack VM's MAC address starts with 06
so I configured the external DHCP not to allocate IP to VM but cloudstack DHCP still can allocate
the IP to other physical machines in my network. So I want help on this, What can be done
so that my cloudstack DHCP vm does not allocate IPs to other machines in network.

> Regards,
> Deepak Sihag
>

> **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer ***************** This e-mail
> contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for
> the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
> please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message.
> Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or
> its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful.
> This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable
> precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you
> may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry
> out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment.
> Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
> messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address
may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.