cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Len Bellemore <Len.Bellem...@ControlCircle.com>
Subject RE: prevent disks from being created on primary storage volume
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 15:10:01 GMT
Thanks Geoff,

How would that affect my instance if I need to reboot it, or shut down / start it?  Would
it be prevented from starting because the service offering tags that the instance has would
no longer match that of the volume?

Len

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Higginbottom [mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com]
Sent: 06 March 2014 17:15
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: prevent disks from being created on primary storage volume

Hi Len,

As Saksham has highlighted, using Storage Tags is the way to achieve this.

1. Apply tags to the Primary Storage (both this one and the alternate you still want to use)
2. Assuming you have not been using storage tags, update the compute and storage offerings
with the new tags, excluding the tags applied to the storage you want to stop from being used
by new VMs/Volumes 3. For good measure, for the VMs which you are happy to continue using
this storage, I would create some new offerings using the appropriate tags, and apply them
to the existing VMs/Volumes

Kind Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect