cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Can we boot a vm with a ubuntu 10.04 iso
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 04:26:52 GMT
On 04-Mar-2014, at 1:29 pm, Deepak Sihag <Deepak_Sihag@infosys.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am trying to boot a VM using an ISO of Ubuntu 10.04 provided by Ubuntu community. I
have register the iso but when I am trying to launch an Instance it gives error.
> I have tried this with cloudstack 3.0 to 4.2 all versions. Every time the same thing.
So I need our help here. First thing is it possible to have a VM with GUI. If yes then how
can I use Ubuntu iso.

Hi Deepak,

I am assuming you are using Xen as hypervisor. If so, then:

Ubuntu 10.04 ISO does not have Xen PV kernel and will fail to boot on
XenServer hypervisors. You have two options:

1) Set the OS type to “other” to boot from the ISO
2) Prepare a Ubuntu 10.04 template on a standalone XenServer host using the network install
method.

See http://shankerbalan.net/blog/cloudstack-ubuntu-10-04-xenserver-template/ also.

Hth.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055