cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Talk Jesus" <c...@talkjesus.com>
Subject RE: New Initial Setup Questions (THANK YOU in advance)
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:47:47 GMT
>> The way HA works is ACS will monitor your VMs and HV, if one HV goes
down it will attempt to restart the VMs running on that HV on another
HV, but for this to happen the "new" HV needs to be able to access the
storage those VMs were using and this can only happen if you use shared
storage. Do I make sense?

Hmm. Not 100% sure I understand, but getting closer :)

So, "shared storage" would be a separate "storage server", plus at least 1 extra for a failover?
And, if I understand correctly, this "HA" option is all configured and enabled within the
CloudStack management console itself?

Sorry if I'm not picking up quickly, but I'm getting it a bit more clear understanding with
a few questions for clarification sake.

Basically, say I'd like to start a small initial setup to offer cloud VM's (or popular term
"vps / virtual private server" in the cloud). I'll have one server strictly for the CS management
console, I'll have one HV + 1 extra for failover for CPU/Memory, and then I'll have a storage
server + another for failover. Would this make sense?