cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dan Belkie <dbel...@toadfire.com>
Subject Importing VMDKs
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 17:19:38 GMT
Hey all!
Brand new to the list, and looking for a private cloud solution for onsite.

In my current office environment I have a pretty large VMware Virtual
Centre deployment, and I am looking to DR it to a private cloud that I will
be building. Yes I could just duplicate my VMware environment in the second
location and use SRM or something like that, but the private cloud solution
will have 3 main purposes:

1) DR for my existing VMware environment.
2) Test and Dev for users in the office where the DR site will be hosted.
(so brand new... now VMware involved).
3) I would like to save money on my VMware licensing.

Now that I have set the stage... I am looking to determine how and what the
process is for taking a VMDK from my VMware environment, and importing it
to a private cloud. I have been searching if this is possible with
cloudstack, and I cant find too much..... I would prefer to not have to go
through a long import process if at all possible.

If this is possible can someone point me to some whitepapers or
documentation on how this is done?

Thanks!
Dan