cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ian Young <iyo...@ratespecial.com>
Subject Management node is detected inactive by timestamp but is pingable
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 18:20:36 GMT
Yesterday I tried to start an existing instance but it failed.  Since it
was basically a brand new installation, I just decided to destroy it and
start over.  However, it stayed in an "expunging" state and remains so
today.  I cannot create new instances now.  The management-server.log shows
numerous messages like this:

2014-02-20 10:04:04,442 DEBUG [cloud.cluster.ClusterManagerImpl]
(Cluster-Heartbeat-1:null) Detected management node left, id:11,
nodeIP:192.168.100.6
2014-02-20 10:04:04,442 INFO  [cloud.cluster.ClusterManagerImpl]
(Cluster-Heartbeat-1:null) Trying to connect to 192.168.100.6
2014-02-20 10:04:04,442 INFO  [cloud.cluster.ClusterManagerImpl]
(Cluster-Heartbeat-1:null) Management node 11 is detected inactive by
timestamp but is pingable

The management server and the hypervisor host are the same machine
(budgetary constraints necessitated this setup) so, obviously, it should be
able to connect to itself.  What is this timestamp it's referring to?  Is
it simply a matter of updating this so the management server is no longer
considered inactive?