cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>
Subject CloudStack usage calculation doesn't work?
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 04:17:33 GMT
Hi,

When I installed CloudStack, I also installed the CloudStack usage server
and the service seems to be running fine, I can stop and start the service
and the status is running.

===
# service cloudstack-usage restart
 * Stopping CloudStack Usage Monitor cloudstack-usage                    [
OK ]
 * Starting CloudStack Usage Monitor cloudstack-usage                    [
OK ]
# service cloudstack-usage status
 * cloudstack-usage is running

I also have configured the usage server based on the documentation at this
https://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Admin_Guide/configure-usage-server.html

===
enable.usage.server = true
usage.aggregation.timezone = GMT
usage.execution.timezone = GMT
usage.stats.job.aggregation.range = 1440
usage.stats.job.exec.time = 00:15
===

However, it seems that the usage server doesn't work as expected. I don't
see anything on the cloud_usage database, and the content of
/var/log/cloudstack/usage is also empty, so I can't find any logs
pertaining to the usage server.

Anything I might have missed out?

Thank you.