cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marty Sweet <msweet....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server address passed to cloudstack agent
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 10:40:38 GMT
Hi Zack,

Thanks for using Cloudstack! I assume you are adding the host on the
management webUI when you are encountering this error?
The most probable cause is your DNS records are pointing the name of the
management server, say "man1" -> 10.1.1.2.

I manually override this in my setups to use a dedicated backend network
(much like your VLANS), simply by defining the hosts manually in the
/etc/hosts file on all the nodes part of the cluster.
The format should be "IP_address canonical_hostname [aliases...]", so for
example:

10.1.2.2 man1.cluster.local man1
10.1.2.3 agent1.cluster.local agent1

Other devices then use the enterprise DNS to access the hosts using an
different IP. Alternatively, you could setup a dedicated DNS server for
your cluster, I have done this in the past with no real advantage
(especially if you are using configuration management (like Puppet) for
/etc/hosts and other configuration files to keep them in sync).

Hope this helps,
Marty