cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Tim Mackey <tmac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Software licensing in the cloud
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 15:00:58 GMT
If you want to host Windows VMs you should really look into the Microsoft
Service Provider License Agreement (SPLA) program:
http://www.microsoft.com/hosting/en/us/licensing/splabenefits.aspx  From
the FAQ : "Microsoft SPLA is the only Microsoft Volume Licensing program
that allows Microsoft products to be used for commercial hosting."  If
you're hosting for internal users (e.g. devs) then existing licenses *may*
work, but I'd consult with your local Microsoft rep to be certain.

iirc there are other options available, but the reporting requirements can
be painful.

-tim