cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rafael Weingartner <rafaelweingart...@gmail.com>
Subject Volumes become unavailable during snapshot
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:16:09 GMT
Hi folks,

I have some virtual machines running MYSQL databases, to ease the
management the database data is stored on a volume that is attached to the
VM. So, I set up recurring snapshots for those volumes. I thought I would
not have any problems with that. However, every time CS starts the snapshot
process the volumes become unavailable to the VMS they are attached and the
operating system (Linux) change the file system to read only thinking that
the device can have some problems.

is there any way to work this around? Is this the normal behaviour? I
thought that snapshots would not interfere with the volumes on a running VM.

--
Rafael Weingärtner