cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ian Duffy <...@ianduffy.ie>
Subject Re: LDAP Authentication with CloudStack 4.2
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 03:18:05 GMT
Hi Brent,

Just to confirm, are you going against a windows activedirectory or
something more along the lines of openldap? Have you adjusted the
queryfilter accordingly?

Never found the UI great for doing this, so will explain the process with
cloudmonkey.

ldap config hostname=dc.domain.tld searchbase=CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=tld
queryfilter=(sAMAccountName=%u)
binddn=CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=tld bindpass=password
port=389

You should get a response back of your settings to confirm they've been set
successfully.

After this it is just a case of creating a new Cloudstack User with a
matching username. It should automatically look them up on login and
authenticate with their LDAP password.