cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Michael Phillips <mphilli7...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Build Failure SNMP Alerts‏
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 00:16:49 GMT
I came across this article by googling. Looks like the issue may be related to Centos 6. Trying
this now..
http://engtmk.wordpress.com/tag/error-snmphelper-centos-cloudstack/

> From: mphilli7823@hotmail.com
> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Build Failure SNMP Alerts‏
> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:12:00 -0600
>

> I did some more digging in the logs and I see the following:
> Tests run: 5, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.078 sec <<<
FAILURE!appendTest(org.apache.cloudstack.alert.snmp.SnmpTrapAppenderTest)  Time elapsed: 0.054
sec  <<< FAILURE!junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:  error snmpHelper list size
not as expected  expected:<0> but was:<2>

> > From: mphilli7823@hotmail.com
> > To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> > Subject: RE: Build Failure SNMP Alerts‏
> > Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:04:30 -0600
> >
> > Yes, the test that is failing is the "Apache Cloudstack Plugin - SNMP Alerts"
> > Surely someone has run into this problem before...
> >
> > > Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 15:48:19 -0500
> > > From: rwheeler@artifact-software.com
> > > To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> > > Subject: Re: Build Failure SNMP Alerts‏
> > >
> > > Deleting repos to fix test failures is certainly a longshot.
> > > It appears that Maven built your code and was trying to test it.
> > >
> > > Did you look in the test logs to see which test failed and why. Could be
> > > a configuration/initialization issue rather than code (points to an IP
> > > that makes no sense, uses a database that does not exist or is empty, etc)
> > > If you feel brave or you think that the test can not suceed in your
> > > environment , you can ask maven to skip the tests and just test it in
> > > your setup.
> > >
> > > If you delete your repo, you will have to rebuild any modules that you
> > > built before. You have deleted whatever libraries and utilities that you
> > > built in previous steps.
> > >
> > > Ron

for ver 4.2.1. The error I get is on the SNMP alerts plugin. The exact error message is "failed
to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12:test (default-test) on
project cloud-plugin-snmp-alerts: There are test failures."
having the exact same problem and it looks like he fixed it by deleting the repo at the following
location ~/.m2/repository/. When I delete the ~/.m2/repository/ directory, I then get an error
when building, when it gets to the VMware Base plugin. My guess is that by deleting the repo,
I am deleting Vmware files it needs to build successfully. Users also suggested making sure
I am using the correct version of maven. I have tried using version 3.1.0 and 3.0.4 both end
with the same error.