cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Lennert den Teuling <lenn...@pcextreme.nl>
Subject Re: Serial Console URL no longer works in 4.2.1?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 21:48:24 GMT

> Op 3 februari 2014 om 16:53 schreef David Matteson <dmatteson@a2hosting.com>:
>

> Thanks for the response, we were previously stripping out '=' and
> replacing '+' and '/' with '-' and '_'. Taking out those substitutions I
> no longer get the error, and the serial console comes up but it doesn't
> work. It doesn't seem to be connecting to the VM. Any ideas?

Yes, we did the exact same thing :-)

I have no idea why you don't get to see the console after you fixed this, if you
don't get an error I think you code is working fine.

I assume the console trough the CS gui is working? If so could it be as simple
as a typo in the console URL? Maybe there's something in the API/management log
that can help you.

I would start comparing the URLs generated by you code and the one from the CS
gui.