cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From lenn...@pcextreme.nl
Subject Re: Serial Console URL no longer works in 4.2.1?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 15:14:18 GMT
> Op 3 februari 2014 om 15:44 schreef David Matteson <dmatteson@a2hosting.com>:
>

> Hey everybody,
>
> In order to allow users to quickly and easily access their serial
> console we have been generating a URL which directly takes them to it
> without needing to log into the CloudStack web interface. These URLs
> look like:
>
> https://managementserver:port/client/console?cmd=access&vm=vmid&apikey=apikey&signature=signature&
>
> These were working fine before the upgrade but after we are getting:
>
> Access denied. Invalid web session or API key in request
>
> But the same API key works for normal API requests. Only the serial
> console is failing.
>
> Anybody know what might be going on here?

Hi David,

We had the same issue. In our case we replaced some characters in the signature
to make it work < 4.2. It seemed that after the upgrade, this was no longer
needed. That's what I get from the programmer.

It sounds a little vague, but it to answer your question, no it's not broken. I
would recommend to check your code, and compare it to the code of the CS gui.

Hope this helps!

> Thanks!

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Lennert den Teuling