cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Kelcey Damage" ...@kelceydamage.com>
Subject RE: change of Public IP range
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 20:23:08 GMT
I had a similar situation deploying AD w/ DNS on our CloudStack build, having to create a new
type of network that can assign public IPs, get the vnet auto linked to the public bridge,
etc.

Basically had to create a shared network, then alter the database record for the network,
vlan, and nics. Then I had to edit the entire user_ip_address entries to change the reserved
IP list so DHCP would provide IPs on the same subnet as the public network.

Fun stuff!

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Higginbottom [mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2014 9:07 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: change of Public IP range

I was running a cloudstack bootcamp course last week and this very issue came up as we had
to use a new CIDR for the Public traffic.

Unfortunately the simple answer is that there is no official way of achieving this, but it
can be achieved via some database 'manipulation'

You first need to add the new Public IP Range, then locate the records for the System VMs
and Virtual Routers and update them so they point at the new IPs and not the old ones, then
restart all of them.

Once the old Public IPs are no longer in use, you will be able to remove them from the UI.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com