cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Need help with advanced zone/2 nics
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 04:59:07 GMT
Hi,

If you have used the default network offering (DefaultIsolatedNetworkOfferingWithSourceNatService)
to create the guest network then by default egress traffic is blocked because the egress default
policy is set to denied in the default offering.
You may need to allow the required traffic using egress rules.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Cole [mailto:derek.cole@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 5:13 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Need help with advanced zone/2 nics

Hello,

I have attempted to set up an advanced zone, using xenserver, and giving my guest vm's their
own CIDR of 192.168.0.0/24

I have two physical networks, and one of them i called "management" and one i called "traffic"

I put public and guest traffic on "traffic" and storage and management on "management"

My guest VM's get one network, which gives them an address from that
192.168.0.0 network, and they can ping each other. My virtual router has an internet connection
and can ping out to the internet. What is failing is gaining internet access from my guest
VM's.
The VR gets 3 connections, a cloud_link_local_network, and an IP from my public CIDR, and
an IP from my guest CIDR.

It almost seems as if the VR isnt routing/NATing traffic to the outside world from the guest
VM's. Can anyone tell me what may be wrong with my scenario?

Pertinent info:

storage range; 10.20.0.20-30 gw 10.20.0.1 vlan 200 Management range: 10.20.4.15-24 gw 10.20.4.1
public range: 10.20.4.25-254 vlan 203 gw 10.20.4.1 guest VLAN range 203-203

networks 10.20.0/24 and 10.20.4/24 are my enterprise networks that provide connectivity out
to the world.

Any insight is appreciated. THis is my first attempt at an advanced network after getting
a simpler basic network up and going