cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From chris snow <chsnow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack advanced networking for development environment
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 08:22:37 GMT
Hi Vadim,

I am trying to setup cloudstack in a single virtualbox virtual
machine.  My brief research suggested that it is possible to deploy
cloudstack like this for testing purposes.

I have been roughly following this article:

http://www.greenhills.co.uk/2013/08/30/cloudstack-single-server-on-ubuntu-with-kvm.html

I have been automating the setup using vagrant.  I am getting close to
completing, but there is still some distance to go.

My project is here: https://github.com/snowch/stratos-developer-tools.

It may be useful for you, but it will only get you so far in setting
up cloudstack.  I still have to figure out how to get the network
setup correctly.

Best regards,

Chris

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 7:32 AM, Vadim Kimlaychuk
<Vadim.Kimlaychuk@elion.ee> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>             We would like to setup small cloud to make tests before going to production.
This cloud supposed to have the same "advanced networking" configuration deployed over plain
network under 192.168.1.0/24 subnet.
>             Roughly this:
>                         192.168.1.1 - external GW, DHCP, internet
>                         192.168.1.2-99 - guests
>                         192.168.1.101-199 - management, load balancer, VIP-s
>                         192.168.1.200-210 - storage
>
> Is it possible to make such a setup without using external L3 level switches? I.e. is
it possible to route internal traffic through some kind of virtual switch? What it can be?

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69