cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rafael Weingartner <rafaelweingart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move running vm to project
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:32:28 GMT
Well, I could do that. However, this way seems that the VM is just
going to be migrate to that user and not to a project. Unless the
'master' account of a project has the ability to migrate its VMs to a
specific project since it can be master in more than one project.

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Sean Hamilton <sean@seanhamilton.co.uk> wrote:
> Isn't there a master user account for a project? This account holds resources for that
project, including vms.

> You could list all user accounts in a project and find the 'master' account and use migrate
VM command?

>> On 19 Jan 2014, at 15:48, Rafael Weingartner <rafaelweingartner@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I saw that command, but, reading the docs, it seems that it just
>> migrate VMs between accounts.
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 6:22 AM, Geoff Higginbottom
>> <geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>> Rafael,
>>>
>>> There is a migrate VM API command that allows you to move a VM to another account,
it might work with projects as we'll but I have not tried it.

>>> 13-17 January 2014, GLOBAL. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>> 20-24 January 2014, GLOBAL. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>>
>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely
incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
trademark.

--
Rafael Weingärtner