cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Hollman Enciso R." <hollman.enc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: just 2 questions
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 20:38:28 GMT
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Shanker Balan
<shanker.balan@shapeblue.com>wrote:

> Hi Hollman,
>
> comments inline.
>
> On 09-Jan-2014, at 8:19 pm, Hollman Enciso R. <hollman.enciso@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello All. i have 2 small questions.
> >

> > 1. it's possible expand the hard drive for an instance? how ?
>
> You can’t resize the “root” disk as of now. A data disk can be resized.
>

> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Admin_Guide/working-with-volumes.html
>

> > 2. It's possible change the service to an instance resource increase and
> > decrease with the instance running ? how ?
>
> The feature is called dynamic scaling.
>

> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Admin_Guide/changing-service-offering-for-vm.html#change-cpu-ram-for-vm

Thanks for your reply. I just have have a problem with the 2nd.

I enable the enable.dynamic.scale.vm on global settings and on the zone
settings. then install the tools on the VM instance, reboot the system 2
times (for the installatión)

then i try to scale the cpu and ram but i obtain a message that say that no
have tools installed
http://algolibre.com/wp-content/uploads/No_Scaling.png

The log say the same.

any idea ?