cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Hollman Enciso R." <hollman.enc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: just 2 questions
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 21:22:27 GMT
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Hollman Enciso R.
<hollman.enciso@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Hollman Enciso R. <
> hollman.enciso@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > 2. It's possible change the service to an instance resource increase and
>>>
>>> The feature is called dynamic scaling.
>>>

>>> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Admin_Guide/changing-service-offering-for-vm.html#change-cpu-ram-for-vm
>>>

>> Thanks for your reply. I just have have a problem with the 2nd.
>>
>> I enable the enable.dynamic.scale.vm on global settings and on the zone
>> settings. then install the tools on the VM instance, reboot the system 2
>> times (for the installatiĆ³n)
>>
>> then i try to scale the cpu and ram but i obtain a message that say that
>> no have tools installed
>> http://algolibre.com/wp-content/uploads/No_Scaling.png
>>
>> The log say the same.
>>
>> any idea ?
>>

> i stopped the instance, then change the service offering, started again
> the instance and work ok, but the idea it's in hot  swapping

It's neccesary to enable Dynamically Sacalable ckeck box on the Details of
the instance ?
i check this option and repeat the procces to scale up my instance in hot
swapping and work ok
but. i check the resorces and i identify that the RAM assigned it's 16GB on
the VM but i just scale up to 5GB of RAM. Even I have not any service
offering with 16GB of RAM

The same procces on Linux Instance work ok. the problem it's just on Windows
http://algolibre.com/wp-content/uploads/dynamically_scalable.png

--
Hollman Eduardo Enciso R.
http://nexxuz.com