cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack advanced networking for development environment
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 17:09:00 GMT
Comments inline.

On 28-Jan-2014, at 1:02 pm, Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlaychuk@Elion.ee> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>            We would like to setup small cloud to make tests before going to production.
This cloud supposed to have the same “advanced networking” configuration deployed over
plain network under 192.168.1.0/24 subnet.
>            Roughly this:
>                        192.168.1.1 – external GW, DHCP, internet
>                        192.168.1.2-99 – guests
>                        192.168.1.101-199 – management, load balancer, VIP-s
>                        192.168.1.200-210 – storage
>

> Is it possible to make such a setup without using external L3 level switches? I.e. is
it possible to route internal traffic through some kind of virtual switch? What it can be?

Unless you plan to use SDN, an L3 VLAN capable switch is a must
for Advanced Networking.

Regards.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055