cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Fuchs, Andreas (SwissTXT)" <Andreas.Fu...@swisstxt.ch>
Subject instance naming in a vmware 5.1 cloudstack 4.2.1 setup
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 15:48:15 GMT
Hi we just tested the upgrade from 3.0.7 to 4.2.1 in our test environment

While the upgrade went smooth we see a big issue with vm naming in vmware.

With cs 3.0.7 vm's where named like this:

"i-id-number-user_entered_vm_name"

(with global setting of vm.instancename.flag = true)

After the update, vm's are just named as follow:

"user_entered_vm_name"

No "i-id-number-" anymore in vSphere. Global setting is unchanged.
This leads to issues when two different customers try to create a vm with the same name! while
cloudstack creates the instance in the db, vspeher will not create a vm with the same name
as an already existing vm.
This naming is also different from the descriptions in the docs.
Do others see this issue too? Or might it be related to our installation?

Best regards
Andi