cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Francois Gaudreault <fgaudrea...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: SSVM/CPVM Agent State Alert
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 12:57:01 GMT
Great, so this explains why it works properly now with that flag on.

Thanks Goeff!

Francois

On 1/29/2014, 7:54 AM, Geoff Higginbottom wrote:
> agent.lb.enabled deals with the LB of Hosts and System VMs.
>
> If running with more than one management server, this should be enabled.
>
> Hosts and System VMs have a management server allocated to manage them, as listed in
the 'mgmt_server_id'  entry in the  'host' table in the DB.

> When a Management Server goes offline, all Hosts and System VMs which were allocated
to the failed Management Server are re-allocated to any remaining servers.

> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom

> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

then all the problems are fixed. I believe by turning this flag on, the IP used for the agent
are not the VIP, but each member's IP. Correct? Or it was just a coincidence?

> Thanks!
>
> On 1/29/2014, 1:48 AM, Vadim Kimlaychuk wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can you give more information about your network configuration?
>> Did you run ssvm-check.sh script as described here? https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SSVM,+templates,+Secondary+storage+troubleshooting
>> I guess the reason may be caused by incorrect "host" setting at your
>> global config. Host should point to VIP and VIP should balance the
>> load and in a case of one node failure forward all traffic to the
>> active node. If host setting shows IP of the server that is "down" -
>> SSVM will try to connect it directly and obviously fails
>>
>> Vadim.

I loose one management server from an active/active pair?
>> Unless I restart the agent manually on each System VM, the state will stay to Alert.
I tried to search the logs but didn't find clear evidences of the why.

>> Anyone has more thoughts about this? We are on 4.2.1.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Francois Gaudreault
>> Architecte de Solution Cloud | Cloud Solutions Architect
>> fgaudreault@cloudops.com
>> 514-629-6775
>> - - -
>> CloudOps
>> 420 rue Guy
>> Montréal QC  H3J 1S6
>> www.cloudops.com
>> @CloudOps_
>>

> --
> Francois Gaudreault
> Architecte de Solution Cloud | Cloud Solutions Architect fgaudreault@cloudops.com
> 514-629-6775
> - - -
> CloudOps
> 420 rue Guy
> Montréal QC  H3J 1S6
> www.cloudops.com
> @CloudOps_
>
> Need Enterprise Grade Support for Apache CloudStack?
> Our CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>

> **NEW!** CloudStack 4.2.1 training<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
> 18th-19th February 2014, Brazil. Classroom<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
> 17th-23rd March 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>