cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Limit on number of primary storages?
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 04:33:30 GMT
Hi, I don't think CloudStack enforces a limit on this.  However, there
are pros and cons to consider when adding more primary storages.  One
potential problem is that it might introduce more points of failure.
For example, if a cluster has 20 primary storages and only one of them
crashed, HA would still be triggered on the cluster.  So you may want to
consider upgrading existing primary storages before adding new ones.

Best regards,
Kirk