cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where can I find the latest Cloudstack XenServer 6.2.0 supplemental package ? (need OVS tunnel functionality)
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 08:36:34 GMT
Hi, there is no CSP for XS 6.1 and above.  The missing functionality
provided by the CSP was incorporated into XS as of version 6.1.  The CSP
is mainly some RPMs including a different kernel and likely wouldn't
include those scripts anyway.

The CloudStack management server copies updated scripts to the hosts
when the hosts are added to CloudStack.  If you're not seeing the
updated scripts on your hosts, you are likely using a version of
CloudStack that does not include those updated scripts.  You can confirm
by checking the XenServer scripts on your management server.  They are
in the cloudstack-common RPM and stored in
/usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/vm/hypervisor/xenserver/.

Best regards,
Kirk

On 01/14/2014 08:13 AM, Florin Dumitrascu wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am currently building a test environment comprised of:
>
> - Cloudstack version 4.2.0
> - Citrix XenServer 6.2.0 (free trial version from store.citrix.com)
>
> The final purpose is to create an advanced zone with GRE isolation.
>
> I have been running into a number of problems and finally narrowed it down to these 2
issues:

> CLOUDSTACK-3174 seems to be the actual problem and I can see there is a fix provided:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/12445/diff/#1
>

> If I check '/etc/xapi.d/plugins/ovstunnel'  plugin on my XenServer,  I can see that I
am missing the fix mentioned in CLOUDSTACK-3174.
> During XenServer installation, a CloudStack XenServer support package was installed as
mentioned in the install guide section 8.2.7,
> from the following link:
>
> http://download.cloud.com/releases/3.0.1/XS-6.0.2/xenserver-cloud-supp.tgz
>
> Is there an updated version of this support package ? How can I browse a list of these
packages ?
> Or to put it simply in other words, how can I make XenServer 6.2.0 and Cloudstack 4.2.0
work with the following fetaures:

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/OVS+Tunnel+Manager+for+CloudStack
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Add+Xen+and+XCP+support+for+GRE+SDN+controller
>
> (I think it is worth mentioning that in my setup, advanced zone with VLAN isolation is
also not working due to the same OVS tunnel issues)

> Thank you in advance,
> Florin
>
> ---------------------------------
> Florin Dumitrascu
> Senior Software Engineer
> Intune Networks Ltd
> Park West Business Park
> Dublin 12, Ireland
>

> IMPORTANT NOTE: The information in this e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential.
The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately or telephone: +353 (0)1 6204700.
We cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it
has been transmitted over a public network. If you suspect that the message may have been
intercepted or amended, please call the sender.