cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Chandan Purushothama <Chandan.Purushoth...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: AWS api only for basic networking zones ?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:29:22 GMT
Hello Andrija,

AWSAPI feature can be tried on any type of zone. The feature makes more sense if it is used
with Basic Zone with Security Groups and Advanced Zone with Security Groups. In case if you
just want to try couple of ec2 apis against CloudStack, there is no harm in enabling it and
playing with it. You might fail to execute couple of ec2 apis on using the feature against
any zone other than the supported zones,

Thank you,
Chandan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrija Panic [mailto:andrija.panic@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 1:10 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: AWS api only for basic networking zones ?

Hi,

I'm looking into enabling the AWS compatible API on CS.

But from the docs:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html-single/Installation_Guide/index.html#aws-ec2-introduction

...it states that this is only supported in Basic Networking zones.

Since I'm using advanced networking zone, should I even try enabling the AWS thing, or should
I give up on this.

I'm on CS 4.2.1.

Thanks,

-