cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New to CloudStack // Questions
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 09:36:59 GMT
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:29:35AM +0100, sebgoa wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2014, at 10:01 AM, Peter J?nsson <peter.jonsson@klarna.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have been working on adding support for Cloudstack in packer.io. This way it is
simple to create either new templates from scratch or update an existing template. For creating
the initial template from scratch we have a custom iPXE ISO that will fetch the iPXE-script
via userdata, boot kernel+initrd and finally perform a kickstart installation (we use centos).

> > So the no more manual intervention to upload ISOs, select options in installer,
stop the VM and finally create the template. Everything is automated.

> > Plan is to upstream this to packer proper or release it as a independent plugin.
Currently the code need some cleanup.

> That's terrific Peter, I am trying to wrap my mind around packer
> these days, so it would be great to see a CloudStack plugin.

+1 - looking forward to a packer plugin for cloudstack! If possible,
reuse the goclient that is already available to communicate via packer - https://github.com/mindjiver/gopherstack

Happy to help with bugfixes etc!

--
Prasanna.,