cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: SSVM/CPVM Agent State Alert
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 06:48:49 GMT
Hi,

	Can you give more information about your network configuration?
	Did you run ssvm-check.sh script as described here? https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SSVM,+templates,+Secondary+storage+troubleshooting
	I guess the reason may be caused by incorrect "host" setting at your global config. Host
should point to VIP and VIP should balance the load and in a case of one node failure forward
all traffic to the active node. If host setting shows IP of the server that is "down" - SSVM
will try to connect it directly and obviously fails

Vadim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Francois Gaudreault [mailto:fgaudreault@cloudops.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:10 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: SSVM/CPVM Agent State Alert

Is there any reasons why my SSVM/CPVM agent state would stay in the alert state if I loose
one management server from an active/active pair?
Unless I restart the agent manually on each System VM, the state will stay to Alert. I tried
to search the logs but didn't find clear evidences of the why.

Anyone has more thoughts about this? We are on 4.2.1.

Thanks!

--
Francois Gaudreault
Architecte de Solution Cloud | Cloud Solutions Architect fgaudreault@cloudops.com