cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: SSVM/CPVM Agent State Alert
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 12:54:38 GMT
agent.lb.enabled deals with the LB of Hosts and System VMs.

If running with more than one management server, this should be enabled.

Hosts and System VMs have a management server allocated to manage them, as listed in the 'mgmt_server_id'
 entry in the  'host' table in the DB.

When a Management Server goes offline, all Hosts and System VMs which were allocated to the
failed Management Server are re-allocated to any remaining servers.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Francois Gaudreault [mailto:fgaudreault@cloudops.com]
Sent: 29 January 2014 12:49
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: SSVM/CPVM Agent State Alert

Hi,

Yes, the VIP was is in the host field. It seems that if I turn agent.lb.enabled to true, then
all the problems are fixed. I believe by turning this flag on, the IP used for the agent are
not the VIP, but each member's IP. Correct? Or it was just a coincidence?

Thanks!

On 1/29/2014, 1:48 AM, Vadim Kimlaychuk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you give more information about your network configuration?
> Did you run ssvm-check.sh script as described here? https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SSVM,+templates,+Secondary+storage+troubleshooting
> I guess the reason may be caused by incorrect "host" setting at your
> global config. Host should point to VIP and VIP should balance the
> load and in a case of one node failure forward all traffic to the
> active node. If host setting shows IP of the server that is "down" -
> SSVM will try to connect it directly and obviously fails
>
> Vadim.

loose one management server from an active/active pair?
> Unless I restart the agent manually on each System VM, the state will stay to Alert.
I tried to search the logs but didn't find clear evidences of the why.