cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Carlos ReƔtegui <create...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qcow2 to VHD and VHD files size questions
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2014 23:20:32 GMT
This may apply to you.  I was able to copy out a vhd from vbox and load it into ACS to use
on XenServer hosts. This only worked if I selected the dynamic type of vhd not the fixed size
one.  It only worked in non PV mode but I think that was because I did not have a proper grub
file with the correct root device.  Prior to uploading the vhd as a template you can bzip2
it to shrink the size.

> On Jan 18, 2014, at 1:07 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Most of my templates are Qcow2 files for KVM and I'd like to convert them in a format
that XenServer can use.
> I managed to use qemu-img from the KVM tools to convert one in VHD format, however this
seems to be a 50 GB (the virtual size of the qcow2) sparse file. Downloading this file from
my HTTP template repo into cloudstack takes ages.