cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Storage/Console SSVM loose connectivity (can't ping them anymore) after creating the first guest instance
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 11:52:50 GMT
On 05-Dec-2013, at 10:53 am, Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelarapu@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Make sure that iptable rules are configured properly for icmp and ssh
> traffic on kvm host.

> I think icmp is disabled by default on SSVM and CPVM
> on control IP address, but should be allowed on public IP address.

FWIW, ICMP works on both the public and private addresses on my lab setup:

[root@csman1-1 cloudmonkey]# cloudmonkey list systemvms|grep ip
linklocalip = 169.254.3.16
privateip = 192.168.44.62
publicip = 192.168.64.100
linklocalip = 169.254.3.98
privateip = 192.168.44.61
publicip = 192.168.64.101
[root@csman1-1 cloudmonkey]# fping 192.168.44.62
192.168.44.62 is alive
[root@csman1-1 cloudmonkey]# fping 192.168.64.100
192.168.64.100 is alive
[root@csman1-1 cloudmonkey]# fping 192.168.44.61
192.168.44.61 is alive
[root@csman1-1 cloudmonkey]# fping 192.168.64.101
192.168.64.101 is alive
[root@csman1-1 cloudmonkey]#

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055